The protection of your personal data when you visit our website is an important matter for us. We protect your privacy and your personal data. We collect, process and use your personal data in compliance with the content of these data protection provisions, as well as the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, the Federal Data Protection Act and the Telemedia Act.
These data protection provisions stipulate which personal data we collect, process and use. We therefore ask you to read through the following statements carefully.
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
- Information about how personal data is collected during the use of our website is given below. Personal data is all data that can be used to identify you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
- The controller in accordance with Article 4 para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is bbg bitbase group GmbH, Am Heilbrunnen 47, D-72766 Reutlingen, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org (see our Imprint). Our Data Protection Officer Attorney Markus Vatter can be contacted at email@example.com or by writing to us at bbg bitbase group GmbH, Am Heilbrunnen 47, D-72766 Reutlingen, Germany with the reference "The Data Protection Officer".
- If you contact us via email or using a contact form, we will save the data you provide (your email address, possibly your name and your phone number) in order to answer your questions. We will delete the data collected in this way once its storage is no longer required, or limit the extent of processing if it is subject to legal retention obligations.
- If we use assigned external providers for individual functions of our website or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will provide you with details about the processes concerned in the text below. We will also state the criteria specified for the storage period.
§2 Your rights
- You have the following rights vis-à-vis ourselves with respect to the personal data concerning you:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
- You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Supervisory Authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
§3 Collection of personal data during a visit to our website
- If you visit our website purely for informational purposes, i.e. you do not register or send any other information to us, we shall only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we will collect the data we require for technical reasons to display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security as follows (legal basis is Article 6, para. 1, sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Respective volume of data transferred
- Website from which the request is made
- Operating system and device
- Language and version of the browser software
- In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are saved on your computer as you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are saved on your hard drive assigned to the browser you use and which supply information to the party that sets the cookie (in this case ourselves). Cookies are not able to execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the website generally more effective and easier to use.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
Transient cookies (b)
Persistent cookies (c).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. Session cookies save a "session ID" via which various queries from your browser can be assigned to the shared session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a set amount of time, which may differ from cookie to cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
- You can configure your browser settings however you like and decline to accept third-party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that you may not be able to experience the full functionality of this website.
§4 Other functions and services of our website
- In addition to the purely informative use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if interested. You are normally required to provide further personal information, which we use in order to provide the service concerned and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
- We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. These service providers are carefully selected and assigned by us, are bound by our directives and monitored on a regular basis.
- Insofar as our service providers or partners reside in a state outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will notify you of the consequences of these circumstances in the service description.
§5 Objection or withdrawal of consent to process your data
- You are entitled to withdraw any consent you have granted to the processing of your data at any time. Such a withdrawal of consent will influence the admissibility of the processing of your personal data once this has been communicated to us.
- If we base the processing of your personal data on the pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to such processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary in order to fulfil a contract with you. Details of such cases will be provided in the description of functions below. If you object, we ask that reasons are provided as to why we should not process your personal data. If your objection is justified, we will assess the circumstances and will either stop or adjust data processing, or provide compelling and legitimate reasons explaining why we will continue to process your data.
- You may, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your advertising conflict via the following contact information: bbg bitbase group GmbH, Am Heilbrunnen 47, D-72766 Reutlingen, Germany, T. +49 (0) 7121 680849-0, F. +49 (0) 7121 680849-99, firstname.lastname@example.org
§6 Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies" – text files which are stored on your computer and which allow your use of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookie about how you use this website is usually sent to a Google server in the USA, where it is stored. If the IP anonymisation function is activated on this website, however, Google will shorten your IP address within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area in advance. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports about the website activities and to provide other services associated with the use of the website and of the Internet to the website operator.
- The IP address sent from your browser as part of the Google Analytics process will not be merged with other Google data.
- You can prevent cookies from being saved by changing the appropriate setting in your browser software. However, we would point out that if you do so, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full capacity. In addition, you can prevent the data (incl. your IP address) generated by the cookie about your use of the website from being logged at Google and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data by clicking on the following link. This will activate an opt-out cookie that prevents your data from being collected when you visit this website in the future: Click here to be excluded from the Google Analytics evaluation process.Click here to opt out of Google Analytics.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymizeIp()". As a result, IP addresses are processed in a shortened format and any personal association is therefore impossible. Any personal connection associated with the data collected about you will be eliminated immediately and the personal data deleted without delay.
- We use Google Analytics to be able to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is sent to the USA, Google is subject to the terms of the EU-US Privacy Shield,
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6, para. 1, sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Third-party provider information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html,
- Our website also uses Google Optimize. Google Optimize analyses the use of various versions of our
website and helps us improve its user-friendliness in accordance with the behaviour of our users on
the website. Google Optimize is tool that is integrated in Google Analytics. Optimize 360 uses Analytics
360 cookies for purposes of orientation and persistence.
Click here to be excluded from the Google Optimize measurement.
- This website also conducts analyses of user behaviour through so-called A/B testing. As part of this process, we can show you our websites with slightly varying content, depending on a previously made profile allocation. This allows us to analyse our offering, regularly improve it, and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for A/B testing is Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- For this evaluation, cookies (further information on these in § 3) are stored on your computer. The responsible entity exclusively stores the data collected this way on Google’s servers in the USA. You can prevent this evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we would like to point out that may not be able to use to our website to its full extent. Preventing the storage of cookies is possible by adjusting the respective settings in your browser.
- Before conducting the analyses, the IP addresses are truncated to prevent persons from being identified. The IP address transmitted by your browser is not linked to other data collected by us.
Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at
Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§8 Use of LinkedIn
Our website also uses the functions of the network LinkedIn. The provider is the LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. When accessing one of our pages that contains the LinkedIn functions, a connection to the LinkedIn servers is established. LinkedIn receives the information that you have visited our website with your IP address. If you click on LinkedIn’s “Recommend” button while you are logged into your LinkedIn account, it is possible for LinkedIn to link your visit to our website to your user account. We would like to point out that we as providers of the pages have no knowledge of the contents of the transmitted data or how LinkedIn uses it.
§9 Integration of Google Maps
- We use Google Maps on this website. This enables us to display interactive maps directly on the website and makes the maps function convenient for you to use.
- When you visit the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the relevant subpage of our website. In addition, the data listed in section 3 of this policy is also sent. This takes place regardless of whether you have a Google user account, which you are logged into, or not. If you are logged into Google, your data is allocated directly to your account. If you do not want your data to be allocated to your Google profile, you need to log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as usage profiles and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or designing its website in line with requirements. Even for users who are not logged in, such an evaluation is used in particular to provide advertisements in line with requirements and to inform other social network users of your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles by contacting Google.
§10 Use of Google Ads Conversion
- We use the services offered by Google Ads to draw attention to our attractive offers by means of advertising on external websites. In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine the success of the individual advertising measures. We thereby pursue the aim of showing you advertising that is interesting to you, making our website more interesting for you, and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
- These advertising materials are delivered through Google via so-called ad servers. We use ad server cookies for this purpose, through which we can measure certain parameters for performance measurement, such as displaying the ads or clicks by the user. Insofar as you access our website through a Google ad, Google Ads stores a cookie on your PC. These cookies generally lose their validity after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. In general, the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions), as well as opt-out information (an indication that the user no longer wants to be reached) are stored with this cookie.
- These cookies enable Google to recognise your Internet browser. Insofar as a user visits certain pages of the website of an Ads customer and the cookie stored on their computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer can see that the user has clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page. Every Ads customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies thereby cannot be traced through the websites of Ads clients. We ourselves do not collect and process personal data through the named advertising measures. We merely receive a statistical evaluation from Google. Based on this evaluation, we can see which of the used advertising campaigns are particularly effective. We do not receive further data from the use of these advertising media; in particular, we cannot identify the users by means of this information.
- As a result of the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google with this tool and are therefore providing you with information based on the state of our knowledge: By integrating Ads Conversion, Google receives the information that you have accessed the respective part of our website or have clicked on one of our ads. Insofar as you are registered with a Google service, Google can link the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or are not logged in, it is possible that the provider may find out and store your IP address.
- There are several ways to avoid participating in this tracking procedure:
- by adjusting a respective setting in your browser software; in particular, as a result of suppressing third-party cookies, you will no longer receive ads from third-party providers;
- by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking, which can be done by adjusting your browser settings to block cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com”, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, although this setting is deleted if you delete your cookies;
- by deactivating the interest-based ads of providers who are part of the self-regulation campaign “About Ads” via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices although these settings are deleted if you delete your cookies;
- through permanent deactivation in your Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome browsers via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We would like to point out that in this case, you may no longer be able to use all functions of this offering to their full extent.
- The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Further information on Google’s data protection can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/en.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
In addition to Ads Conversion, we use the Google Remarketing application. This refers to a procedure with which we will want to reach you a second time. With this application, after you visit our website, our advertisements may continue to be displayed to you during your subsequent internet use. This occurs by means of cookies stored in your browser, through which Google collects and evaluates your usage behaviour when you visit different websites. In this way, Google can determine your prior visit to our website. According to Google’s own statements, data collected within the framework of remarketing is not linked to your personal data that may be stored by Google. In particular, Google states that pseudonymisation is used for remarketing.
§12 Application process
- If you apply for a job advertised in our company or submit a prospective application, data processing will be carried out on the basis of your application for the desired employment relationship within our company. Should the decision of whether to establish an employment relationship with you require us to store your data, then we will store these for this purpose only.
- With the sending of your personal data in your application, also in unencrypted form, we assume that you consent to us storing these in our system for the purpose of processing your application. Your personal data and any other data will be stored in accordance with the statutory requirements.
- Once your transmitted data has been received, you will receive a separate notification regarding your rights and the length of time the data will be stored for.